Now that we are waiting to close on our new home and no longer haggling about fixes, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted. I'm sure that in the next two weeks life is going to become completely chaotic as moving day comes near. But until then, we are trying to enjoy every blissful moment we can.
Keeping our home and yard in mind, it seems like the world is a giant candy shop and we are the little kids exploring all the possibilities. Walking through gardens we look about with fresh eyes to see what might be a good fit for us. What flowers attract the birds, butterflies, or bees we would like to be in our yard. Daydreaming together has never been more fun.
On Saturday we spent the day with family and enjoyed good food with great company. Sunday we went to Murray Park with the dogs then went to Tracy Aviary to explore the new changes. The pictures are in reverse order (still learning about adding pictures.....next time I will be smarter and add last to first!)

This little guy was begging for food.

Love the bright color these flowers bring.

New planters at the Aviary. See, we really are paying attention. Tim wants something like this for the yard and patio.

Tim's boyish grin (one of my favorite things about him!) is for the new fence. We are planning on building something similar for our garden area.

I tried to get a shot of both of us, but this is the best my short reach could do. I have to admit I still like the way it turned out.

Flooding at Murray Park.

Tim taking Lady to play in the water. The reflection in the water was beautiful.

A fire pit and picnic tables that are now in a pond.

The water was raging, so we were careful to not get too close.

There is a great little garden area in the northwest corner of the park.



You can see the water level had comedown by the mark on the tree.

A hummingbirds view of some pretty flowers.
And finally, the beginning of the weekend, enjoying a beautiful summer day at Jason and Feliece's house. I hope you all had as lovely as weekend as we did.

Well, that's weird - it doesn't show that you have a new post on my blog list. It still shows your last one as your most recent. Anyhow, I love the ideas you guys are having for the yard! Lots of work, but it will be gorgeous I am sure! Those pictures of Murray Park flooded are insane! I bet the dogs love it though.
ReplyDeleteThis just showed up in my blog roll too. I want to take Quinn to the Avairy sometime soon! Looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteThe flooding at the park is insane!