Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's The Little Things in Life that Make Me Smile

For those of you that don't know, this is not a child's jacket. Technically it used to be.....until I altered it to fit Lady, our dalmatian. She lived in it all last winter and would get mad if we didn't leave it on her at night. How did we know she was upset? If you know Lady, it is very clear. Her behavior included stomping the walls and walking over to where the jacket was and whining. We got the hint. Now that the weather is cooling down again at night Lady has started "asking" for her jacket at night again. She is pretty adorable in her jacket.


Our pear tree is sagging from the weight of all of the nice, plump fruit dangling from its limbs. I can't wait until they are ripe to bite into one. If any of you like pears and would be interested in coming over to pick a few, just let me know because we have plenty to share.



Our living room and book nook are finally both areas that we have been putting to use.


And last of the list, my shower octopus. It makes me smile every time I get into the shower.
On a different note, Tim and I both had a twenty-four hour stomach flu yesterday. He had a temperature of 101.9 with stomach pains and I had my hair tied back and was hugging the toilet for several hours. Yuck. Luckily we both woke up today feeling like new. Nothing like a little "bug" to make you appreciate your health.

3 comments:

  1. Your house is coming together nicely! Love how it's looking. Please post a picture of Lady with her jacket on. And sorry to hear you were sick. No fun at all, but it does make you appreciate your health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shower octopus is awesome! Where did you get it? I love the house and need to come back up to see some of the changes. I can pictures every step of Lady and the jacket! lol. Sorry about the flu, but glad it was so short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady in the jacket picture is awesome!!! I love fruit off the trees, just hate dealing with it when it is all over the ground, but the pears look yummy!

    ReplyDelete