Saturday, November 19, 2011

Puppy Love, Chickens Coming Soon, and Other Pictures

I haven't had much time to sit down at a computer lately, so here is a quick update in pictures!


 It seems like every time Tim and Grant plan to work on the Hen House a storm comes in. Despite the poor weather they have come a long way. In fact, it is almost finished! Can't wait to pick up our hens.



The escape hatch (or hen sized door.)


The cover on the vent. This will stay shut until the weather warms up enough to use it.

Gretchen got plenty of love from everyone this Thanksgiving and throughout the weekend. Luckily we have family that let us take her to their homes. Thanks Teri and Grant, LeAnn and Neil, and Bec and Dave!




She still seems so little, but is growing like a weed. I'm sure one day she'll take up most of this dog bed.

 Getting festive. The wreath is fresh cut (although now that I look closer it is missing some berries!) The holly is from our backyard. I am hoping to add a little more color to it sometime soon.


The Amy Butler Sunday Sling I made for Teri. A lovely bag for a special lady.


 The reversible side.


Tim and Gretchen having fun in the leaves.

Gretchen's new favorite spot. She loves to try and do whatever Timber does.


Cuddling.

Over the last two weeks I picked up the cold that seems to be going around town. You know, the one that gets in your chest and lasts anywhere from three to five weeks. Plenty of tea, a humidifier, and lots of cough drops later I am finally feeling almost normal although Tim still cringes when I cough in the morning. Yuck.

We have also been had a great time taking Gretchen to Puppy Class (where she learns manners and tricks) and Puppy Playtime (where she learns to play appropriately with other dogs.) Each lasts approximately an hour once a week, not counting the homework they give. Several people have asked me why I am taking her to class, not to mention paying for it, when I already know the basics of dog training. I figure why not do the best for my puppy when the timing is right. Socialization is key at this age, and it is just as important for her to meet other puppies and learn how to play "nice" as it is for Gretchen to learn how to behave around people. For a small investment we will have a well behaved, fully trained dog in much less time than I could do on my own. I have learned all kinds of new tricks for training and am so impressed with Calling All Dogs and their beautiful facility. Not to mention it is a fun activity to get out of the house and spend some quality time with Tim, who always impresses me with his endless patience with the puppy. He is just as smitten with her as I am, if not more. I'm sure Timber, Lady, Lola, and Charcoal all enjoy a little break from the puppy a few hours each weekend although they are adjusting incredibly well to having her around.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to come see the hens and the house! You guys should name the house before you name the chickens :) It was fun having you and the dogs over the other day. Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete