Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fun but Intimidating

 I've now entered two pieces for the Moda Bake Shop Sliced contest. Making the projects was a lot of fun even though the pressure was on with the little time I had to make them. The only requirements were that they had to be original, have a buckle, and be made from Moda pre-cut fabric. Looking at other peoples' projects and seeing their creativity and use of fabrics has also been inspiring. Several people have links to their blogs and it is a little intimidating to see how many of them work in the field. Sewing has been a hobby that I love and creative outlet for me when I can fit it in my schedule, but for a lot of these people this is their profession. I have to admit I feel like I am in a little over my head, like a little fish in a big ocean, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed! Here is what my Studio Apron  and Mouse started as .....


My Moda Jelly Rolls of inspiration.

My first idea put on paper. I immediately decided that I like the idea of a rounded bottom.
So I used what was handy to round the bottom edges.
I chose charcoal to make the other colors pop in contrast.
Fabric I chose for my mouse pin cushion.
An old sweater I wanted to re-purpose.
I put a little foam board in the bottom of the mouse so that the needles wouldn't poke me!
And finally, my two projects together.


Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I admire you for even entering. Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your apron design! Do you have a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely compliment Michelle. I don't have a pattern for it, but if you really wanted to make one I think you could probably do it from the pictures I took while in the process (I think I have a few more saved.) Let met know if you are interested and I could email them to you alone with a few instructions. :) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete