Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Roots

For my birthday I thought I would share a few fun pictures from the past and where I come from.
Mom and Dad at their wedding reception.

Harold and Clarice Jensen, my father's parents. Those of you who know my sister LeAnn will see a close resemblance to Clarice.
Harold again.
Harold once more. Looks like this is where my dad gets his fishing skills from.
Clarice and Harold.
Harold and my dad, Gary, who reminds me of my nephew Isaac in this photo.
Clarice as a child. I think she looks so stunning in this photo.

Clarice's mother, Maude. There are others of her not smiling, but this was my favorite.
Maude and her brother. She had two. Both passed away young, one in a shotgun accident and the other of influenza.

Maude's school. Doesn't it look fancy!
Jennie, Maude's mother. She was known to have an amazing amount of energy and would race Clarice, her granddaughter, to get dressed and win.
Leander, Maude's father.
John, my uncle, and Cleone, my mom.


Marion, my maternal grandmother.
Marion again. I love her smile!
Young Marion.

My grandma Marion on an LDS mission (having a little fun it looks like.)
Marion and Vernal on their wedding day.

Grandma Marion (center) around the time she got married.
Wilford, Marion's father, on a LDS mission in Flordia. He brought home a stuffed gator that his children and grandchildren loved to play with.
Crazy!
Clyde, my mother's paternal grandfather, and young Wilford, her maternal grandfather.
 Now for a few random family photos that were unlabeled.


I love this fence!



Looks like an adventurous gal.
Looks like my love of hiking comes naturally.

I believe the next few photos are from a cruise Clarice took with her parents to Alaska.




This one was titled Aunt Edla!


And finally, the Hanson family. This used to creep my family out when I was a child because I looked EXACTLY like the little girl on the right with the V shaped collar.













3 comments:

  1. I have been gathering copies and looking at old pictures too! Love them!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great! I think your dad looks a ton like his father, and Leanne definitely looks like your dad's mom! My fave is the photos of the gals in the dresses up on the rock...you were descended from mountain goats, after all! :). I hope to be able to gather some family photos and history like this also. My mom had a big bin of old b and w photos that my gma had just given her before the fire, and they all burned. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have a lot of photos of your ancestors, what a cool blog entry!

    ReplyDelete