This blanket was loads of fun to make. It is now home with a special little girl who live in Germany. Bright colors were a must and lots of them so I browsed around Pinterest to see what styles drew my eye and decided on a spiderweb type of quilt. I drew up a sketch, made my own pattern, and got to work.
 |
| Testing out different placements. |
 |
| Oops...notice that one of these is not like the others? I fixed it before sewing it all together. |
 |
| Charcoal is obsessed with me when I am trying to get things done. He loves to be nearby, or right in the middle of things, when I am working on a project. |
 |
| Matching up color wheels with the outer borders. |
 |
| Ready to sew together. |
 |
| The background colors. |
 |
| After lots of ironing, cutting, and sewing it was ready to sandwich. |
 |
| Then this little trouble maker decided to come and play. |
 |
| Timber....such a good old gal. Ready to quilt. |
 |
| Charcoal laid on top of the quilt the whole time I worked on the binding. |
 |
| I love soft backing and how the colors matched nicely. |
 |
| My shoulder was on fire from all the small movements used to quilt the entire thing in one quick setting. |
 |
| And finally, the finished quilt. Sorry for my crappy crop job. I finished the quilt the night before I drove out of town to deliver it, naughty me, so I didn't get any good pictures of it laid out. |
This is very first time I free motion quilted an entire quilt. I dabbled with simple curvy lines between straight ones on the last quilt I made. There were definitely some errors (starting at the inside of the circle rather than the outside pushed material out a little, yikes!) and I learned as I went along. I love my little Janome sewing machine. An oldie, with none of the special stitches the new electronic sewing machines can do, but a goodie that has been super dependable, but it was tight squeezing this little blanket in the small arm space. Several free motion quilting books are highly recommend on the quilting sites across the inter-web, so I will have to check some of those out before my next adventure in quilting.
Simply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAmazing and beautiful! Wonderful job!
ReplyDelete