Last weekend started out cloudy and ended with snow flurries. Tim started the garden on Saturday while I started a bag for his sister Krista. Her work had some extra burlap sacks that she thought I might like to play with. It was definitely a challenge to work with, but I really enjoy the final project and can't wait to start playing around some more.
![]() |
| The beginning of the garden. At the far left there are two rows of peas, a square of spinach, and a square of onions. The rest will be put in when it is a little warmer. |
![]() |
| Handles for the bags. |
![]() |
| Lola loves to lounge in the project room. |
![]() |
| The handles turned and ready to add to the bag. |
![]() | ||||||
| I did a few stitches to keep the burlap from unraveling after cutting it to size and before putting the bag together. |
![]() |
| The bag after turning it. |
![]() |
| When I turned the bag it all had to fit out this little hole. |
![]() |
| The finished handles. |
![]() |
| The design that came on the bag. One of Krista's co-workers made a bag with this same logo on it and I love it! |
![]() | |
| The reverse side with a pocket. Tim picked this material because it reminded him of the actual coffee plant. The bag was used to ship coffee beans, so I agreed that it was a cute idea! |
![]() |
| The coffee beans on the plant! |
This weekend we spent all weekend outside playing. Saturday we ate breakfast on the patio with all of the animals, hens included. Then we headed up to Antelope Island with my brother and his cute family. I have to say that I went with very low expectations. I had been warned of biting gnats and other bugs, but we lucked out. There were hardy any bugs and the weather was perfect. The water was warm and we could wade out with the boys for a long way. When we were done at the beach we went for a pleasant hike and finished by driving around looking at the wildlife.
Today we spent at the Chariot Races with Tim's family, a yearly tradition we enjoy (pictures to come later!)
![]() |
| What beggars. |
![]() |
| Such sweet faces...they might have gotten a little breakfast burrito. |
![]() |
| The lovely view at the beach. |
![]() |
| Playing in the water. |
![]() |
| My brother, his wife, and their youngest. |
![]() |
| Me and the middle child. |
![]() |
| It is so refreshing to see green coming up. |
![]() |
| This is what we found that the end of our hike. The boys called this the "Big Rock Playground." |
![]() |
| Pictures don't do justice to the size of these bison. |
![]() |
| The view coming back across the causeway. |






























I LOVE the bag! It turned out so cute. I am sure you will make some more awesome creations with the burlap :) I can tell that your garden is going to be spectacular with Tim's green thumb and dedication to it (I wish I tended to our garden more!) Antelope island looks great! And to think it's still only March. Hooray for some good weather!
ReplyDeleteA fun weekend full of B's..... Breakfast, Bags, Beach, Bison!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I've never been to Antelope Island. Looks like you had a perfect weekend!
ReplyDelete