One of my nieces turns two this month and I wanted to make a special gift that she could play with. She loves to mimic her mother, who is due to have a second child soon and rock B's world. I decided to make her a diaper bag full of goodies so she could have her own new baby things to play with and be just like mom. B already has a few baby dolls that she adores, so I had my sis send me some measurements and went to work. Diapers, bibs, burp rags, and even wipes soon littered the project room (pictures to come later.) Searching the toy isle at stores I found all kinds of cool plastic toys that I just couldn't bring myself to buy (I had already felt mildly guilty buying toy sippy cups,) knowing that they would just end up in a landfill someday. I wanted to have some healthy snacks for B to give her baby's besides the sippy cups.So I got to work on designing some healthy fruits and a vegetable made of fabric......watermelon, an apple that has velcro seeds to hold it together, a carrot, strawberries, and an orange. Hopefully little B enjoys them and possibly learns to love fruit even more.








Very cute! Why don't I have a crafty sister like you?! :)
ReplyDeleteWell those are even cuter than the Ikea food made from cloth! I love it and can't believe how lucky your own kids will be to have such a crafty mom. My fave is the apple :)
ReplyDelete