Monday, April 16, 2012

B's Birthday Bag

It feels so good to have a project completed and sent off to a good home. B's birthday bag, as I mentioned in the last post, is for her very own diaper bag to take care of her baby dolls. Hopefully it will come in extra handy when her mom has a baby in a couple of months. She loves to copy what her momma is doing, so these should help keep her busy.

The "diaper bag" is a bag I found on sale at Michael's in the clearance rack. I also picked up a couple exactly like these (this link is what came up when I googled homemade baby doll diaper bags and helped inspire me) that were on clearance with an additional 20% off my total purchase. Hooray.

Reversible baby doll bibs, although the big one will fit B if she wants to wear it.

The other sides.


Her healthy snacks.

A baby doll burp rag . B LOVES Curious George so I hope she loves the little monkeys on this.
Of course I had to add some baby doll diapers. I had my sister measure B's favorite baby doll and then things took off from there. I really liked this pattern tutorial and this one too. I found that once I had an actual baby doll in hand to try diapers on I made my own pattern that seemed to be a better fit, for that doll at least. There are three different patterns in this mix of diapers!

There are so many fun fabrics.

These could be reversed, although it might be a little awkward. I made another pattern for a friends daughter that is reversible and looks the same on each side (hard to do if you don't have the doll on hand.)


A peek inside the bag once it is stuffed with the goodies.

The end pockets are a perfect fit for the magic sippy cups.
Happy Birthday B! You are such a fun loving, tiny gal who brings big smiles to everyone around you.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! This is an incredible gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jessi, she is going to love, love, LOVE this gift, I know my just turned two year old would. Such a great idea for a gift too....I love the food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome. I hope that Fox fam knows how lucky they are to have Auntie Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete