Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Hen Made of Chicks?

When I saw this decorative hen I couldn't help myself. I was planning on making a living wreath today, but that got put on hold. There are a bunch of hens and chicks (the plants, not the real birds) on the side of our house that are growing like crazy. They can grow just about anywhere, so why not make a hen out of them?
Started with the wire hen.

Lined her so she was ready for the plants.

Then got to adding some chicks.....

......and hens.

I'll add in some more plants tomorrow, but leave enough room for them to grow and make more chicks.

I think she makes a sweet addition to our patio.
It will take a few months for the roots to grow nice and secure into the body of the hen, and in a couple of years her whole body should be covered in hens and chicks.

1 comment:

  1. Crafty Sue! In fact, you are the queen of craftiness! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete